Reflections on Five Years
Today, our digital marketing firm is five year old today. It’s hard to believe. When I first started the company, my Kindergartener was one! and my three year old wasn’t quite being considered. Like any starting company we have had some good days and some bad days. We’ve learned a lot and we continue to learn every day about our own business but about people as well. Like we do with most of our customers, we like to look back and see how we have progressed and where we can improve and pass along knowledge so anyone crazy enough to start their own firm may learn from our mistakes.
How we’ve grown in five years:
- Our original website was 20 pages it’s now 926 pages indexed in Google.
- We started with just one person (me) and now we are over 20 people
- We have gone from 10 fans to over 3,000 fans on Facebook.
- Our traffic started at 3 visits per day and now we average just about 600
- We got found by Moz.com which has proved to be an invaluable source of leads – https://moz.com/blog/how-many-seo-consultants-actually-know-what-theyre-…
Things we have learned:
- There will be clients who are awful. We don’t like to see them go, but we weren’t unhappy about it.
- Recurring clients are the best. We kill for them.
- Cash flow is king. We watch it every day.
- Great talent is hard to find and is appreciated when we find it. Some people have left and gone on to great careers while other have stayed. Thanks to all the DFM crew for continuing to help people get found on the Internet.
- Those clients who work with us every day are the ones who get the best results.
It’s been a great five years. We’ve come a long way, learned a lot and have farther to go. I am so proud to be the CEO of this company.