Yesterday we got a query from a Google search asking how can a business like another business on Facebook with timeline. Well, since it's likely someone else is search for that exact same query, we felt it was probably a good idea to throw together a quick blog on the subject of how a business can like another business on Facebook.
- Login to Facebook
- Go to your business page. You will need to be an admin or owner of a page to like another business on Facebook.
- You will most likely be given the admin panel as a default, which shows all of your stats. If you don't see the stats, click on Admin panel on the right.
Click on Manage in the upper right and select "Use Facebook as 'my business'"
- Now you are using Facebook as your business, which means you see a news feed consisting of businesses you like.
- In the search box, enter the business you want to like
- Choose the business and click "like"
- At this point you can search for other businesses and like them, for example Digital Firefly Marketing is a good one. You can also like and share posts that your business has in their news feed. This is a great way to keep business and personal shares and likes separate
- Once you are done liking, sharing and commenting as your business you can click on the down arrow in the top right hand corner and choose "use Facebook as 'your name'"
Using Facebook as your business allows your business to like other brands and share their content. It's a great way, especially for small business owners to keep their business lives and personal lives separate.
UPDATED July 29, 2012 - We've gotten a lot of comments and questions on this blog. One of the better sources we have found for people to help them with getting their business to like another business on Facebook is in the Facebook FAQs on I have a business page on Facebook. I cannot "LIKE" anyone else's Facebook page.
UPDATED February 26, 2013 - We continue to get a lot of traffic to this page and figured it would be good to record a quick how to video and post it on Facebook so people can see how we do it.